Before your spray tan application
- Shower to remove any makeup, moisturiser, deodorant and perfume build up.
- Exfoliate your skin for the best results, also makes your tan last longer.
- Waxing or shaving should be done at least a day prior to your spray tan.
- Wear whatever you feel comfortable in in-front of your sydney spray tan technician,
remember she has seen plenty of naked bodies.
- If you are choosing to cover up for your spray tan, to wear darker / older clothes.
After your spray tan application
- Wear dark, loose clothing after your sydney spray tan and for the best results
leave tan on for 8-12 hours before you shower.
- Avoid contact with water during this time, e.g. washing dishes, swimming,
showering, and washing hands if possible.
- Avoid doing anything that will make you sweat because sweating may cause the
spray tan to streak and become blotchy.
- Don’t be alarmed when you shower and a lot of your spray tan comes off, this is normal
and is only excess bronzer.
How to look after your spray tan
- Long, hot showers will reduce the lifespan of your spray tan.
- Use a moisturising body wash will help prolong the spray tan.
- Moisturise daily ( Morning and Night ).
- Don’t use has loofa’s or body gloves.
- A tinted moisturiser is also recommended to prolong the life of your spray tan.
WHY SHOULD I CHOOSE SYDNEY SPRAY TANNING?
- With the world moving at such a fast pace people just don’t have hours to bake in the sun.
Spray tanning delivers a beautiful natural tan without the harmful effects of the sun or tanning beds,
also providing the most flawless tan with no tan lines.
HOW LONG WILL MY SPRAY TAN LAST?
- Depending on your skin type, your spray tan will lasts for five to ten days, this is maximised by
exfoliating the day before your appointment and being free of any makeup or moisturiser.
Many clients choose to tan on a weekly basis to maintain that healthy glow.
HOW DOES SPRAY TANNING WORK?
- A product containing DHA is applied to the skin with airbrush equipment. The DHA reacts
with amino acids in the cells of the outer layer of the skin, producing that healthy
bronzed look without damaging the cells. As the outer layer of skin cells shed,
the spray tan fades just like a natural tan would.
ARE SPRAY TANS SAFE?
- Yes! If correctly applied by a professional spray tan technician. DHA has
been used in the cosmetic industry for almost three decades and was listed
with the FDA in 1973. It is declared safe and suitable for use in cosmetics/products
to colour the skin. DHA is derived from glycerine (vegetable origin), which is commonly
used as a cosmetic and food ingredient. DHA is not absorbed into the body and poses
no possibility of toxicity. If you are pregnant you should check with your doctor prior to
booking a spray tan. Bodacious Hair and Beauty does offer an organic spray tanning solution range
which contains no parabens.
SHOULD I SHAVE OR WAX BEFORE MY SPRAY TANNING SESSION?
- Yes. It’s best to shave about eight hours before the application, If you have lighter hair and don’t
maintain your hair before hand it can turned a slight orange colour.
HOW LONG SHOULD I WAIT AFTER THE SPRAY TAN BEFORE I CAN SHOWER OR SWEAT?
- Anywhere from 2-12 hours. Your spray tan technician will advise you of this at the
time of your spray tan.
CAN I STILL GET A UV TAN IN ADDITION TO MY SPRAY TAN?
- Yes, just remember that spray tanning does not provide any sunscreen protection,
so for the health of your skin, Bodacious Hair and Beauty recommends that you use the
highest sunscreen protection available at your local pharmacy or as doctor prescribes.
WILL THE SPRAY TANNING SOLUTION STAIN MY CLOTHES?
- The solution may stain some fabrics (E.g. – nylon, silk, wool and polyester).
A good soaking in water with a product such as Napisan will usually lift the stain from the fabric.
We recommend you wear loose dark cotton on the day of your tan.